I have returned to home. I got in at about 2 a.m. and should have originally been in at around 8 p.m., but oh, well. Totally worth it, obviously. I took a long, hot bath and once I was in my bed, I don’t even recall my head hitting the pillow. I did wake up at around 5 a.m. confused, because in the dark, I kept thinking that my room was some ornate chamber in some European castle or something! LOLOL Yeah, I was having some dreams about Europe.

I slept until about 8:30 a.m., woke up and had some toast with some orange marmalade and strawberry preserves bought at Fortnum & Mason and munched on a piece of chocolate from Buckingham Palace and a cookie from Paris. It was a continental (literally) breakfast kind of day!

I am tired, but in a good way. I think getting adjusted to the time zone isn’t an issue, though, due to the long day I had yesterday, so maybe that’s good.

I ended up buying a new outfit at Gatwick (oh, the shops at Gatwick… they are so GOOD LOL) because I was just SURE I’d be needing fresh clothes for today because I was sure that I’d be in Charlotte. Part of me wanted to spend the night there, just so I could sleep. But they put me on the last flight to Memphis and although exhausted, it felt good to sleep in my own bed after the day I’d had.

But as I said, I’m glad something went wrong with the engine on the ground and not in the air above the Atlantic Ocean. And I got more shopping time in, so why complain? The airline gave us food vouchers and took care of us in the course of that time, so it wasn’t all that bad, except for the whole being up since 4:30 a.m. UK time. I pretty much pulled a 24-hour day. But it’s not like I haven’t done that in awhile… anytime I go to Memphis, that somehow happens! LOLOL So at least I’m fairly used to it.

The drive home was challenging, but thanks to some wonderful Doctor Who audio adventures sent to me by Joe, I kept myself awake. It was the longest drive EVER, though! heh

I got home and was greeted by some very grateful (and yet awfully spoiled) cats. Maggie missed me the most – she always does. Mom has fattened them up even more and they’ve apparently had the run of the house in my absence. She’s apparently grown quite attached to them… ha! LOLOLOL

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.